Maintenance of fabrics for upholstery
Regular cleaning is important in order to maintain the appearance of the coating in the best possible conditions and to prolong its life. The dust and dirt wear out the fabric and reduce the flame retardant properties.
- Normal cleaning
Switch the vacuum cleaner frequently, preferably every week. Eliminate non-greasy stains by dabbing gently with a soft, lint or sponge wrung out after being soaked in soapy water or water with the addition of a small amount of detergent (see formulas). Then dab the surface with clean water lukewarm. Warning! Do not rub the material as this may cause a loss of color or hair may be damaged tissue.
The soap solution is made of ¼ dl soap flakes dissolved in 1 liter of hot water, allow to cool before use..
Solution of water and detergent: a maximum of one teaspoon of detergent to 1 liter of water. If you use concentrated detergents, add a few drops per liter of water.
Dry for delicates, 60 ° C, half load, centrifugal slow. Hung to dry. The ironing is required after washing at 60 ° C, iron at the minimum temperature. Shrinkage of about 1% in the longitudinal direction. To disinfect the fabric add a suitable disinfectant to wash avoiding washing at very high temperatures.
Keep in mind that some drawings are only washable at 40 ° C.
The appearance of the fabric after washing depends on the washing method, the temperature, the amount of water compared to the amount of tissue and the spin speed and the method of drying
- Removing stains
If you act quickly it is difficult to remove stains caused by spills and prevent them.
First of all, absorb spilled liquid with an absorbent cloth and remove with a spoon any remaining solidified.
Try advance removers on an inconspicuous area to see if they can damage the finish. The zones can be easily avoided by patting gently with circular movements towards the center of the stain. It may also be necessary to use a hair dryer to avoid leaving streaks.
Be especially careful when using solvents, because they may damage the underlying padding.
- General Information
These suggestions and recommendations can not guarantee 100% stain removal. In all cases, we recommend that you contact a professional cleaning, especially for large stains and / or a thorough cleaning.
- Biro Dab / rub gently with mineral spirits.
- Blood Rinse in cold water. If does not work, add a mild detergent.
- Scrape chocolate with a spoon or a knife.
- Ketchup Blot with lukewarm water. Then wash with soap and water as soon as.
- Cosmetics Blot with lukewarm water. Then wash in mild soapy water. If necessary, rub with benzene.
- Grease and fat Dab with a solvent, for example turpentine or benzene.
- Dab with acetone nail polish or nail polish remover oil-free.
- Oil paint with turpentine and dab clean with mild soapy water. For dried stains consult an expert.
- Water-based paint Dab with mild soapy water. For dried stains consult an expert.
- Shoe polish Dab with a solvent, for example turpentine or benzene.
- Wax Cool with ice cubes in a plastic bag, then break the wax and gently remove the fragments. Pass the iron temperature averaged over layers of white paper towels. Any residue can be removed with a cloth moistened with a solvent such as benzine.